Self Care Routine
Our morning skin care routine awakens our cells and prepares our skin to act as a protective armor throughout the day. When we are out in the world, our skin is the first barrier to protect us from harmful UV rays, pollution, chemicals, harmful pathogens and environmental toxins. With that in mind make sure to carve time out of your busy schedule for self care; whether you can treat yourself for 3 minutes or 20, this self care ritual will have your skin healthy as your temple. Remember self care is self preservation.
1. Cleanse- Wet your face. Apply a dime size amount of cleanser into the palm of your hand, emulsify by adding a few drops of water. Wash your face with lukewarm water for 1-2 minutes by gently massaging the cleanser into your skin in circular motions. Remove the cleanser with a gentle disposable esthetic wipe. When you remove the soap from your face the esthetic wipe should be clean, if it is not repeat the process once more.
2. Tone- Mist toner over entire face. Toner adds additional beneficial ingredients to help rehydrate, target specific skin concerns and balance the pH of your skin. You can be as generous as you choose.
3. Serum & Eye Cream- Protect and correct with your favorite serum by adding 1 pump of liquid gold to your face. Dependent on what your skin needs, you may need to mix 1 or 2 serums to target your specific concerns. Add a pea size amount of eye cream to your ring finger and lightly rub into your under and above your eyes using a light sweeping movement or dab.
4. Moisturize- To seal in all of the goodness applied, moisturize. No matter your skin type moisturizer is necessary.
5. SPF-Lastly, apply SPF to your face, neck and chest. SPF helps protect our skin from the damaging UV rays that have the potential to cause premature aging
Our evening routine is very crucial to the health of our skin. It is imperative to wash away sweat, debris, environmental toxins and other buildup from the day. Your evening routine should consist of most steps listed above with a few minor adjustments.
2. Exfoliate- A general rule of thumb is to exfoliate at least 1-2 times per week. Exfoliating helps rid the skin of dead skin cells, in turn helping to reveal fresh new skin underneath. Further helping products to penetrate at a deeper cellular level. (*Tip- Do not be abrasive while exfoliating, instead gently glide the products over the surface of your face and neck.)
3. Mask- At least 1-2 times per week. Masking is a great way to relax while nourishing your skin without much effort from you.
There are also plenty of mask to target different concerns of the facial region. Feel free to leave the mask on from 10 minutes or use as an overnight treatment.
5. Serum and Eye Cream
*After cleansing use a steamer while exfoliating. Dependent on the type of exfoliant you are using the steam will accelerate the action of exfoliant, while also giving off major spa vibes.
*Mask 1-2 times per week with a mask designed for your current skin condition which may change seasonally.
*When in doubt remember to follow the manufacturers instructions as listed on the back of each product.
*Always check the expiration date of each product and do not use beyond the stamped date of expiration.